1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Source Audio Orbital Modulator clicking?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by veryvery, Mar 12, 2017.

1. veryvery

veryvery

May 23, 2016
    CA
    Hi there, I recently bought a SA Orbital Modulator via eBay (for $96--not bad), possibly from one of you.

I like it well enough, though I haven't played around with it a lot yet, but what's bothersome is the VERY LOUD "click" when I turn the pedal off and on, for either preset button (switching between the presets doesn't do it).

I have the SA Manta and that one didn't have this problem.

Is this normal for this pedal? Does anyone know a trick to make it go away?

2. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    I have two SB2 pedals---Manta and Bass OFD. They both click very loudly when in true bypass mode. They don't click when in buffered bypass mode. Maybe your Manta is in buffered mode and the Orbital is in true bypass mode?

I forget exactly how to switch modes, I think it is holding one of the footswitches on power up, but you should be able to look it up easily.

3. Mo'Phat

Mo'Phat Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2003
    San Diego, CA, USA
    "To switch the pedal to buffered bypass press and hold the right footswitch when powering up the pedal. Continue to hold the footswitch until the corresponding LED blinks 3 times. The pedal is now in buffered bypass. To switch back to true bypass, replicate this process with the left footswitch."

http://www.sourceaudio.net/downloads/product_docs/sb2_om_manual.pdf

Adamixoye likes this.
  4. veryvery

veryvery

May 23, 2016
    CA
    Thanks, folks! That does solve it. Cheers.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021