1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Source Audio Sorcerers Society (S.A.S.S) Part 3

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gregmon79, Feb 19, 2014.

1. rsmith601

rsmith601

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    President, Source Audio
    Send a note to contact@sourceaudio.net for some guidance. This is a special use case, and I do not think such a video exists. It is not too complicated to get it done. You will need a Hub.

2. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Have Hub. Will do. Email sent. Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    rsmith601 likes this.
  3. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 We brake for nobody Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None
  4. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    Anyone having trouble logging into the neuro App? I know I am using the correct user name and changed the password so I know that is correct but No Joy. Any help would be appreciated

5. rsmith601

rsmith601

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    President, Source Audio
    Send a note to contact@sourceaudio.net

6. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    Thank You Will do that now

7. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    So far no response...

However... Soleman Editor is the answer. use Macros. Set the hub to Midi channel 1, leave it as default basically...
    set the Prog EQ to midi 2.
    (Left Arrow plus Save buttons at the same time, right arrow 3 or 4 times, turn control knob, 2 shows in the display. Right Arrow and Save again to complete).

In Soleman editor, I went for Scene 2 as my first affected patch. Set Scene Message Type to Macro. Select Macro 002 jus to be neat...

macro 002
    Add a Program Change Line, Channel 1 - msg value 2
    Add a Program Change Line, Channel 2 - msg value 1

Why channel 2, msg value 1 ?

Well... my Prog EQ’s patches are 0 based. The manual says that the left most is 1 and they run 1 through 4. On mine, the leftmost present is 0 and the patches run 0 to 3. Easy enough once figured out.

Rinse and repeat for your additional patches... this thing will probably make me buy another prog eq at some point...

If anyone else is struggling with this, ping me and I’ll do what I can for ya. Short of a video that is. I don’t really have a facility for that or time to script, plus the darned camera always quits when it sees my face ;-)

As for this being a specialized or obscure or an otherwise ‘edge case’... honestly I can’t imagine a more real world use for an prog eq and configurable pedals scenario... Some nice body restoring EQ is just the thing to flesh out some Chameleon patch and having a full fledged graphic rather than a pre-assigned 3 band for your disto is cool. Combining the Orbital’s low cut with some upper end Eq to make chorus pop while retaining the punch...

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    mtb777 likes this.
  8. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Well got a response but the advice went counter to what actually worked for me... not sure what to make of that.

mtb777 likes this.
  9. nnavarro

nnavarro

Jun 27, 2011
    Boston, MA
    Director of UX at Source Audio
    The Programmable EQ supports MIDI mapping, allowing any preset to be recalled, or bypassed, with any PC on its given MIDI channel. This works conveniently in tandem with Hub use; keep both devices on the same MIDI channel, dial in the pedals connected to the Hub, select your desired EQ preset, then hold the save buttons on the Hub and EQ.

The Soleman macro method also works, but requires additional configuring in the Soleman Editor.

mtb777 likes this.
  10. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Interesting. In my setup that resulted with inconsistent behavior on the EQ. The macro method, while requiring a little more programming seems to be more solid.

for instance, what happens on preset 5 ?

I’d be interested to see a video on the topic to see if there is something I missed. The solution didn’t jump out at me from the doc. While I am a newbie to midi, I do have a 30 yr background in software dev.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
    mtb777 likes this.
  11. adamaarts

adamaarts Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2001
    Corona, CA
    Beta tester Source Audio, demos/reviews of many others
    mtb777 likes this.
  12. Bassgeer

Bassgeer Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Canada
    I had an interesting thought the other day... For those who like tweakability would it be better to purchase the Spectrum Filter over the C4 Synth, since the Spectrum has 8 controls with the Alt function and the synth has 6?

I am new to the whole Source Audio thing, but I am guessing in the editor you can assign the knobs to control whatever parameters you want?

Just trying to figure out which one to buy hahaha.

13. OhulahanBass

OhulahanBass

Nov 6, 2008
    Boulder CO
    I thought the Spectrum was the bass centric C4 synth...now I am confused.

The instagram videos are really cool! Especially this one:

mtb777, jaysbass2002 and adamaarts like this.
  14. Both pedals will have Alt functions but they will differ depending on the version.

You should spend some time on The Gear Page and get in on the Discussion there as things are in flux. There is some talk of making Spectrum a more affordable filter oriented pedal and the C4 the full option version with the possibility of a LTD ED full option Spectrum for those liking purple.

Bassgeer likes this.
  15. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    Yes, but the latest screenshots (and I can't remember whether confirmed by Roger or not) indicate that the C4 will only have alt functions for 2/4 knobs, instead of 4/4 on the Spectrum, which is curious given the C4's greater depth.

Bassgeer likes this.
  16. The Spectrum is turning out to be a much simpler pedal so that may be the case, it will certainly be necessary to use the Neuro App to access all the C4 possibilities.

BTW Spectrum is missing from the SA website today not sure what that means?

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  17. Bassgeer

Bassgeer Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Canada
    Thanks for the replies gentlemen. Is it soon yet? :D

18. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    End of May...
    I'll be getting both for sure.

cosmicevan likes this.
  19. misa

misa

Dec 30, 2011
  20. benevan

benevan

May 2, 2002
    Memphis
    Those guys are going full on TGP and getting way carried away with this. While Source Audio is very open and accommodating to the community in terms of product features, there is no way this is going to happen. I could possibly see SA offering a limited edition C4 in a Spectrum housing with different color knobs as someone over there suggested but opening up the whole 1series product line enclosures for the C4 is borderline ridiculous.

Nunovsky and Adamixoye like this.