1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Source Audio Soundblox Distortion

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 6810, Mar 29, 2009.

1. 6810

Jan 11, 2008
    Yeah, I read Guitar World... what's it to ya! Just kidding.

I'm digging the sound of the Soundblox distortion pedal for guitar.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I like the idea of really far out distortion, a la Death By Audio etc. If you're gonna do it, do it... so to speak.

My question is: anyone here tried this pedal out for bass. Prices here in Japan are on par with what it would cost to buy plus shipping, but I haven't seen any in local stores so I can't try one out just yet. Any TB-ers rocking this kit?

Check em out - here.

2. Andy Will

Andy Will

Apr 11, 2003
    London, England
    I believe Victor Wooten was rockin' this pedal on the SMV tour. Made me curious too, but couldn't find much info.

3. 6810

Jan 11, 2008
    I'm sure some of the pedals are more appealing to the bass crowd, especially the tri-mode wah (if I had enough $$$, I'd be interested too).

What intrigues me about the soundblox pedals is that they are multiband and target specific frequency ranges which I think could be really interesting and useful for bass (plus I just love the sound of the world caving in through ridiculous amounts of distortion).

If anyone has soundclips I would be indebted to them for at least ten minutes... here's hoping!

4. ZombiCrow

ZombiCrow

Jun 15, 2006
    Davenport, IA
    Just started reading about this beast; has anyone taken the plunge yet? I might have to, even if it means putting it in a Blend pedal. Multi-band distortion is the future of ... distortion? I got nothing, bump!

5. Gryg, didn't you have some experience with this box?

6. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    interesting, that video demos a specifically voiced multiwave bass distortion but it's not mentioned on the source audio site. It sounds great, I've shot them an email to see what's up with bass specific version

7. itswac

itswac

Nov 24, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Endorsing Artist/Product Line Manager: Source Audio Effects
    The Multiwave Bass Distortion Pro will be shipping very, very soon. Keep an eye out for more and more content based around the pedal.

8. Great news.
    I have been wanting to try one out and the bass version sound intreaguing.

MM

9. dannster

dannster

Aug 20, 2000
    Seattle,WA
  10. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The fact that it has three footswitches instead of just one is very promising. Digital control is great for versatility, but if you can only set it up for one sound at a time, the versatility kind of dwindles. If the footswitches mean you can toggle between two or more different settings, then the value goes up, for me at least.

11. dannster

dannster

Aug 20, 2000
    Seattle,WA
    Agreed! Looks like tweeking paradise now.

12. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth ¡No me gustan mis pantalones!

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    I found the Tri Mod phaser to be pretty spiffy, and a multiband distortion interests me greatly--I might have to try one of these suckers out.

13. itswac

itswac

Nov 24, 2009
    Boston, MA
    ha! You grabbed a screenshot! Well done, sir. Well done.

14. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    Video demo on the SA website wasn't working for me. Found the video on Youtube though. Me want!!!

15. damn this is hot, hoping the price is right, i've been really impressed with pricepoint of the regular soundblox stuff

16. 6810

Jan 11, 2008
    Wow. Nice video! They've really done their homework.

EQ, dry and wet signal levels are all controllable. Morphing between assignable effects and loads of different tones.

Oh and the distortion says what it does on the box - full multiband distortion. I want.

Anyone have a list prce?

17. itswac

itswac

Nov 24, 2009
    Boston, MA
    The MAP is $219 for the Pro Series pedals. We are currently setting up the distribution so if you want to order one, talk with your dealer or music store, give them a call and then let me know via Private Message or E-mail and we'll get it on the shelves for you!

I'd also be happy to answer any other questions you may have about the Multiwave Pro and other Source Audio pedals.

18. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    Just get a few over to Europe! :D

Also, what does the Classic Distortion pedal sound like on bass? Is there low frequency loss?