1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Source Audio Soundblox Pro Bass Envelope Filter "problem" ?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Ronnie Nine, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Hey there.

So I have this unit and, first of all, I'm very impressed, it's a great pedal.

However, not sure what's going on but, everytime I activate it, firstly the effect is either too sensitive (opens up more easily) or doesn't open up , then while playing it, after 10-20 seconds, it "sets itself up" correctly, like how I programmed it.

Here's an example: For a funky setting, I set it up so it barely opens up while playing it hard, so it gives a nice rubbery quack when played hard and a deep wobble when playing it soft. Absolutely love it. When I engage it, its suddenly very sensitive, it opens up FULLY, even when played soft then after 10 seconds or so, it's back to normal.

I am not changing anything meanwhile, the input is the same, unless my BDDI is messing with me. (PS. My Programmable BDDI has very dim leds, is that normal?)

Anyone can relate?

2. Funkinthetrunk

Funkinthetrunk Registered User Supporting Member

Contact Source Audio, it sounds like something's going wrong with the 'auto threshold' function.

3. If you do let me know how well they response to emails, my bass filter pro died on my 4 or 5 days ago and they still haven't replied to my two or three emails I sent.

4. Funkinthetrunk

Funkinthetrunk Registered User Supporting Member

Interesting, I've always had quick reply from them. Please keep us posted.

5. Funnily enough their Instagram replied to me first, but they just directed me to their email.

6. I've sent them a message.. hope it helps.

7. Mandavel

Mandavel

Oct 1, 2014
    I had the BEF pro and the bass distortion, just traded them into GC to put toward a new bass. They were fun for a bit, but just couldn't get usable tones. only got 100 bucks for both of them. Apparently no one else wanted them and I couldn't sell them on my own. Couldn't get a usable tone out of the distortion, unless it was paired with the filter for a really electronic sound. Even so, it just wasn't that great. Maybe it was just me, but I'm personally glad to be rid of them. Just wish I got some more cash out of trading them.

8. I only have the Pro BEF. It has all the envelope filter tones I could ask for.. and a lot more, that I will never discover.

I'm still not sure how to connect to my PC to upload a custom LFO wave. I think I need the NeuroHub. But before I get that.. I'll make sure I get more Source Audio pedals.. like the manta and the OFD.. probably the aftershock as well as the orbital modulation.. I don't need the MBD.. but I might get that too sometime.. sometime.. I'm saving up for another bass too now, so the BEF must do now.

9. So, news.

They replied. Actually, it was Nathan Navarro, I actually bought this unit because of him, very cool.
    Unfortunately they can't help me though, so I'm kinda stuck. Maybe it's something on my end, not sure, I'll have to tweak it more I guess.

Thank you guys!

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021