1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Source for metal mesh speaker covering?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by optikhog, Jul 20, 2007.

1. optikhog

optikhog

Apr 2, 2007
    St. Peters, MO
    Hey, guys. I have a 210 speaker cab which came with the lame circular speaker covers and I'd like to switch to a full mesh covering for the entire front of the cabinet.

Does anyone know where I can get something like this which I can bend/cut to the dimensions I need?

Thanks!

2. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
  3. 4StringedFreak

4StringedFreak

May 26, 2007
    do u want a cloth mesh, or a metal grill for it? if u want cloth, try like a fabric store or something, and u could maybe get a design for it, and make it look really cool and custom. The guitarist in my band has a flag covering his cab, and it looks so cool. but if u were looking for metal, i got no clue bud.

4. mellobud

mellobud

May 17, 2007
    how about metal covered in something cool....My buddy bought a weird hippy-esque painting that was slightly larger than his cab. He cut it out of the wooden frame in front of the street vendor/painter
    folded it and told the guy it'd look good on his bass cab. The guy seemed ok with it and my buddy stretched it over his metal grill of his cab. Looks good under a black light.

5. optikhog

optikhog

Apr 2, 2007
    St. Peters, MO
    Guys, thanks for the input! I've found the metal grill I was looking for!

6. Cool, what did you find?

7. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    I've been looking for the same thing

8. optikhog

optikhog

Apr 2, 2007
    St. Peters, MO
    If you use the partsexpress link in the second post and search for "metal grill", they have several different sizes of the Dayton product. I'm going to pick up a pair of flats and see if I can mold/cut one to fit.

Thanks again for the great find!

9. Thanks for the link - I've been wanting to replace with a bright grill/chrome plate the existing grills on my Avatars and while I still may look locally to see if a shop would do my grills for a minimal amount at the end of a large-scale plating session, at least I now know I have this option to go with if that's not possible.