1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Source for odd size wood for EUB

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by uprightbassghos, Mar 21, 2006.

1. I've got some prototypes done of an EUB I designed and I'd like to build some out of solid wood. Right now the body is made up of 4 pieces of 2x8x65 maple laminated together ( http://www.csp-music.com/eub/ ). It's OK but I think 1 solid piece would be more attractive. Since I live near the source of curly maple (SE PA) I can get the local sawmill to cut some for me but it's green right now and I'll have to wait a few months. That's definitly an option but I'd like some sooner. I need pieces that are 8"x3"X65". Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. mje

mje

Aug 1, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    That's a big piece of clear wood. I'd suggest you might continue laminating, but use veneer or a thin slab top and back for appearance. Better yet, bookmatched splits.