Source for threaded neck bolt inserts?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by count_funkula, Feb 22, 2005.

1. I'm looking for some threaded inserts to use for my bolt-on necks. I found some at LMI but I don't really like the style of bolt they are using. Anyone know of any other sources? I also need some smaller inserts for the control cavity screws.
  2. The brand you want is EZ-Lok inserts. I use the knife thread version in 10-24 thread. Unfortunately, this version only comes in a slotted drive. EZ-Lok has another version without the knife threads that used a hex drive. I've tried them and they are really easy to use but I like the grip the others provide.

I think McMaster Carr carries them. Or just Google the name for distributors.
  3. Thanks Hambone! I requested some samples from them to see which I like best. Where do you get your bolts? :D
  4. I buy them locally from the Oz of hardware stores. They have several of everything and a couple more of some other items :D
  5. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Ask Herman Munster.
  6. Nice!
  7. You guys are real comedians. :spit:
  8. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    Just came across this manufacturer, in case someone needs something that McMaster-Carr or their local hdw. store doesn't carry. I've never dealt with them, but their site says they sell small quantities. Looks like they may be the manufacturers of the product that we're buying at those other places.