1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Source for Vintage/Oddball Bridges and Saddles

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by LowBassDub, Mar 22, 2006.

1. LowBassDub

LowBassDub

Jun 4, 2004
    I'm wondering if anyone knows a good source for offbeat saddles and bridges, either used or new?

I have an ecletic (read weird) selection of basses, and my latest one, an Egmond is sans bridge, as it's a separate tailpiece, bridge/saddle style beast. From what I can gather it's similar to a Hofner bridge, only the base can't be so wide, as it has to fit under a metal muting hoop, that goes across the strings, and the underside of which has foam on it to dampen the strings. According to someone else who owns one, but does not own a digital camera it's a floating wooden bridge, not adjustable.

[​IMG][​IMG]

My two options so far seem to be, to either by a Hofner bridge, allparts has 'em for $35 and see if I can cut it to fit, or buy a tune-o-matic bridge from guitarpartsdepot.com for $20, but I'd like to get a wooden bridge that fits if atall possible.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

So anyone know of anywhere that sells old bass bridges for the weirder bass owner?