Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

source for vintage P pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Fo' Shizzle, Apr 29, 2004.

1. Fo' Shizzle

Fo' Shizzle

Aug 28, 2003
    Hello fellows,
    I'm in need of a vintage p-bass pickup. My '71 p-bass is in need. There is an active system in it now. :meh:

Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance,
    Fo'

2. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Lindy Fralin is a safe bet. I have them in my Lakland Skyline Joe Osborn 4 (J-bass) and they sound great. :D

3. Fo' Shizzle

Fo' Shizzle

Aug 28, 2003
    Thanks Ko,
    P

4. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
  5. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    You may also want to consider the Nordstrand NP4 pickup.

I have those in my MIM Deluxe Pbass, with TI jazz flats. I love the tone of this bass!

Get a hold of Jay Lewis at www.blueberryhillbass.com

He is here on Talkbass as JPJ. Really great guy, he hooked me right up. Took all the time in the world to answer my questions, and sent the pickups out ASAP. Not sure if the NJ4 or NJ4SE J pickup would work in the bridge position due to size, he sent BOTH with just my word to return the one I didn't use(a self addressed stamped envelope was sent with those)

Check'em out-I think you'll be glad you did!

Jusr my opinion. Hope that helps! :hyper:

6. May be too late to help you out , but get in touch with Jason Lollar at Lollar Guitars. The cat knows how to make a killer P Bass pickup !! Just look him up on the net.

7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile