Sources for jewel cases

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, Dec 26, 2003.

1. What's a good website that sells empty jewel cases? I need a whole bunch, in various configurations (black, clear, 2x, 3x), for when I move out to LA because I'll be damned if I'm gonna ship boxes full of CDs in jewel cases out to California.

I'm planning on going with Effectuality, but does anyone know of a place with better rates?
  2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    This thread reminds me of a funny thing about my local used CD store. They have single jewel cases for a dollar. Pretty standard/a ripoff around this area. But if you go to the no name bands sections, some of the CDs came without cases, so they were placed in the same jewel cases on sale for fifty cents. So the trick is, buy the lame CD, give it a chance, if it sucks, throw it out and you've got a jewel case.

I doubt that helped much, but...

bump? :D
  3. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Why not use something like a couple 264 disc cd wallets and the liners notes in a seperate box?
  4. 264-disc wallets have this tendency to get stolen. Think about it: if you're a thief, would you rather grab one convenient little 10-pound nylon package, or have to deal with 50 pounds of plastic?

Anyhow, I really prefer jewel cases for storage.
  5. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Put some polka stickers on it. Nobody will ever consider stealing it. ;)