Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sources for strings

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by ric426, Jan 27, 2005.

1. ric426

ric426 Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Don't it figure...
    Now that I've finally made up my mind to get a set of Superflexible Solos, I can't find them in stock *anywhere*. Can anyone suggest a place to try? I've called all the local sources, Lemur is out of them and I've checked a few other web sites, but no luck.

2. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    juststrings.com has them on their site, but it looks like you have to get them all as singles.

3. ric426

ric426 Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Hey thanks Aaron! I didn't even think about them. I've only ordered BG strings from them in the past.
    They do have the Solo set listed on that page, second from the bottom. I called them up and they have them in stock too.
    I didn't realize that the Superflexible Solo set only comes in 4/4 size. Will that present any problems on a 3/4 bass? I know some strings are sensitive to having the actual windings wrap around the posts.
    Why is it that no one seems to use the Spirocore Solo strings?

4. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    Well, Hammond Ashy [where I got my Superflexibles] had Superflexibles on a few 3/4 sized basses, and they only sell 4/4 orchs, so it "should" work.

5. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    I think Stefano Scodanibbio does.