1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

south florida/ft.laud bass shops?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jazzkuma, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Jazzkuma

Jazzkuma

Sep 12, 2008
    I am here in ft. lauderdale for a week and I just want to know if anyone knows of any good places I can go check out? I know there is a big sam ash in one of the malls here but Im looking for a non-chain store (or a chain if its a good one). Like bass central, but I'm not going there cuz its further up north.
    Any suggestions?

2. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I'm a Ft. Lauderdale native and still get back there a couple times a year. I go to this place when I get a chance: http://www.maemusic.com/
    The bass gear selection was decent in the past, they even had a couple Berg cabs in there. But I haven't been in a couple years, so I can't vouch for their stock now. It looks weak on their site, but the site usually hasn't been a good reflection of their inventory.

P.S. Nothing in South Florida is probably going to be anywhere near Bass Central in terms of stock.

3. garmenteros

garmenteros Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2008
    Dominican Republic
    If you don't mind a drive a couple of hours head up to basscentral. I drove from weston florida and back in a day. Nice field trip a couple of years back.

basscentral.com

181 Oxford Road, Suite 107
    Fern Park, Florida 32730