1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

South Florida guitar set up and repair

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by bassgod76, Mar 11, 2008.

1. bassgod76

bassgod76 bass turd burglar

Mar 13, 2003
    South Florida
    I usually go to Music Arts Enterprises for my setup needs, but I was curious to see if there is anyone in the South Florida area who I should check out.

2. Doughd54

Doughd54 I wanna rock. rock.

Nov 30, 2006
    Pompano Beach, Florida
    I've actually been looking for a luthier down here, the last time I had a set up done I took my guitar to Dixie Guitar Traders in Ft. Lauderdale. Glenn (The owner) has a luthier that comes by the shop to do work for him, I'll have to get the guys number because I was pretty impressed. I haven't been to MAE in a while, how are they doing?

3. bassgod76

Mar 13, 2003
    South Florida
    Glen at DGT is a nice guy. I didn't know they did setups there.

I like MAE because they have a dedicated repair area. I haven't been there in a while. Its a drive for me, and not spending is difficult to do there.

4. Doughd54

Nov 30, 2006
    Pompano Beach, Florida
    Me too, it's a good 45 minute drive, and difficult is an understatement. :help:

5. bassgod76

Mar 13, 2003
    South Florida
    When is the last time you were there? I have purchased so many items from them. The bass guy, Jeff is such a trip. He is so A.D.D., that it makes me laugh. He is so knowledgeable, though.

6. Doughd54

Nov 30, 2006
    Pompano Beach, Florida
    I've been up at college in orlando.. I think it's been almost a year and a half. =x How are the setups they do there?

7. bassgod76

Mar 13, 2003
    South Florida
    MAE calls their setups, "Birthdays". I've had three basses set up, and they seem okay. In fact, one of my Sterlings I purchased from Bass Central had bad fret buzz. I dropped it off to MAE, and came back to a bass with great action and no buzz.

8. Doughd54

Nov 30, 2006
    Pompano Beach, Florida
    How long are your basses usually in the shop for, I wouldn't mind getting my stingray a setup before I head back up to orlando.

9. bassgod76

Mar 13, 2003
    South Florida
    a week, i think. It has been a long time.

10. Surly

Surly

Feb 2, 2007
    South Florida
    I would definitely check out MAE if I need setups or repair in the future. I have not been happy with my guitar tech/setup experiences, so I now do my own adjustments and intonation.

11. bassgod76

Mar 13, 2003
    South Florida
    It's been a while since I've been there, but I've been pretty satisfied with what I got. I'm working on a bass right now and don't have the juevos to install a brass nut. I will let them handle it.