Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

South Korea has Cloned a Dog: Your Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Johnny Fila, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
  2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    This will get too political. I suggest putting this in Tin Pan Alley in the TB Lounge.

3. Johnny Fila

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    nah, it's just science. opinions?

4. Cruise it off to Basses. It's about basses. And dogs.

5. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    Woof. Woof.

6. More teriyaki for everyone! Yay!

I kid. Seriously tho, this stuff is crazy...the whole "playing God" thing. Next we'll have Scarlett Johansen doubles running amok.

Wait a minute, that's a good thing. I'll take two please. Oh, ok, and a doggie too.

7. Dude, you are one sick dude... Doggies? :scowl:

:p

8. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Cloning COULD be a useful tool, but it can and is dangerous. I would not mind seeing cloned organs for people who need them... But when will the cloning stop? When we create a super human race that will replace us? Or when we engineer children for people, and make them the best genetic specimens possible? I think careful consideration needs to go into how we use this technology.

9. Johnny Fila

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    :scowl: shameful really :scowl: , :rollno: no cure for a thing like that :( .

10. Jeebus H. Christmas guys, I wasn't gonna schtupp the doggie...even I have limits...wow.

someone/thing has to operate the camera when BOTH Scarlett clones are "detained". Double DUH! You know, engineer opposing thumbs on the poochy for the extreme closeup button?

:D

11. If it was a cool dog then I'm all for it, but who wants two dogs that crap on the carpet?

Mike

12. spyingcracker

spyingcracker

May 27, 2004
    Anyone seen "The Island"? It's just a matter of time.... :eek:

13. Johnny Fila

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    I agree.

14. "Mon Rominee" and "limits." There are two words that go together better than chocolate and peanut butter. :rollno:

Or Tank Girl.

Engineer a Jet Girl and I'm in.

15. scottz0369

scottz0369

Mar 1, 2005
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Scientists aren't exactly known for "careful consideration" of somethings use when it comes to the development of technology. The nuclear bomb and wish bass are good examples of this. The question never seems to be "should we"?, but the answer always seems to be "because we can."

Scott

16. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I have never seen nuclear devices and Wish basses compared. That, sir, shall be my signature.

17. scottz0369

scottz0369

Mar 1, 2005
    Oahu, Hawaii
    This does sort of make sense, though. If you've ever been to South Korea, you would definately notice that dog is frequently seen hanging next to pig in the butcher shop.
    I've had dog-on-a-stick with wonton soup and OB beer from street vendors there. It's not too bad, and definately less stomach-churning that some of the things sold by street vendors in the Philippines. I don't recommend the monkey-on-a-stick and Balyut there. The beer (San Miguel) is OK though.

Scott

18. I was going to make a sick crack about endless food supply, but I seem to have been beaten to it.

19. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    When I was in South Korea a person I spoke with said they used to eat dog because it wasn't wasteful. A dog was enough meat for a single meal. Now with refrigeration more common they use animals more normally recognized as food sources for meat.

I never had any, but they eat dried squid chips instead of popcorn when going to the movies.

mmmm, dried squid
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Clone me a new Elrick bass, and I'll vote Korea for President!

;)