South Park: The Fractured But Whole game...who's stoked?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Plucky The Bassist, Jun 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Plucky The Bassist

Plucky The Bassist ZOMG! I'm back from the dead! Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Tejas
    I feel a bit sophomoric getting excited about a South Park game, but here's some context for those not familiar with what the franchise has done lately in video gaming.

The first South Park game I can recall is the N64 FPS which was done in 3D and was not generally well-received. It wasn't until a few years ago that I heard about another venture they did in video gaming, The Stick of Truth. It was released on PC and PS4/Xbox as well if I'm not mistaken. My roommate told me about it and said it was rife with reference humor from the show, new comedic plots, and well-made gameplay mechanics. Since it was an RPG, it piqued my interest (my favorite genre of game) and I took the plunge during a Steam sale. I was hooked as it was basic enough RPG dynamics to pick right up, but complex enough to keep my interest. You grabbed new gear, found more party members, and got to play through a hilarious storyline. The coolest part was the graphics, it's literally like you are playing an episode of South Park yourself...a pretty surreal and entertaining way to game.

Well now that you read all that mess, they are starting a new game up. Whereas Stick of Truth was a fantasy style RPG, the new game will be strongly associated with the episode where Cartman tries to establish himself as a superhero named "The Coon". In this game, we'll be trying to join Cartman's team of super heroes and get in on the action.

**DISCLAIMER: Language in the trailer is uncensored and can be pretty raw, please use caution when viewing.

Doesn't come out until December 6th (grrrr...), but man does it look awesome. Pre-ordering gets you a copy of Stick of Truth to play until TFBW comes out. Any thoughts, additions, enthusiasm, or insider info? ;)

DavetheDude likes this.
  2. DavetheDude

DavetheDude

Nov 28, 2014
    Germany
    I shouldn't be, but I think I am. Played the stick of truth, and it was hilariously stupid. Especially Jimmy the bard :D

Plucky The Bassist likes this.
  3. Plucky The Bassist

Plucky The Bassist ZOMG! I'm back from the dead! Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Tejas
    "Don't ask why Kenny wanted to play as a girl, it just seems to be the way he's rolling right now..."

4. I really enjoyed SoD, it played out Just like the show and was funny as hell. I can't wait to get my hands on Fractured But Whole.