Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Southeast US/Florida GTG??

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by .matthew e wengerd., Jul 5, 2005.

1. I searched and found info about some a year or two ago...Any plans or anyone interested?

2. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
  3. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
  4. UnsungZeros

UnsungZeros The only winning move is not to play.

I'm in pending further details...

5. Wow....if I knew it were that easy.....now for the when and where.

With Gard no longer there, I'm not sure about BC. My apartment will accomodate two people in addition to myself and my wife, so that's out...

Any suggestions?

6. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    I've got a tiny apartment, else i'd be happy to host. not me, then.

7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I'm in if the details work out. Unfortunately since I'm In Miami, I dont think it'd be so practical to host it here.

8. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    bump

or it will die.

9. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Or you could request a "sticky" from one of your friendly neighborhood mods....

;)

...wish I could make it, but it's unlikely. I get back down there from time to time (family in the area, go laugh at the guys at BC...er...uh....I mean go visit them! ;) ), but I don't have any plans to go there anytime until the fall/winter right now.

10. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    Digging the mtns. huh? I miss it a bit, and after two+ years back in Fl., i'm thinking about moving back north a bit. Not too north, though: i hate the cold, and winters in Va/WV were tough on me. I'd like to have kids one day soon, and don't think i want them growing up here. Maybe a little town in WV somewhere, near the New River Gorge or something. Yeah....

11. Well, I'd like to mid-september in hopes of having my Eshenbaugh. Two months too far out?

12. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    Mid-to late Sept. i'll be down in Sunrise for work, no good for me. Other than that, anytime, really....

13. I'd love to be there if I can. I'll just have to wait and see what date(s) you guys are thinking of. Also, if it's in a few months, hopefully I can have a new amp rig purchased and set up by then.

14. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Contact a Mod from Off Topic and ask them directly.

Are you still thinking about making it up here to ATL?

15. Different thread. I'm in ATL tomorrow through Sunday. I'm hoping to possibly have the GTG in Florida.

16. fiebru1119

fiebru1119

Mar 2, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    I'm down. keep us posted :bassist:

17. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Make sure you stop into the Atlanta Bass Gallery (www.atlantabassgallery.com)... I know that there are at least a couple Eshenbaughs, a Skjold or two, Tons of Metros...

18. ***Brilliant me, I requested a sticky and was a bit impatient about it only to realise that mods were probably at NAMM. Thanks for stickying this, mods!***

Anyone have an opinion on dates or a location suggestion?

19. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Hey I'm game if it's after Aug. 29th, when I get back to FL! Someone keep my updated on this...

-Ray