1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sovtek Big Muff help please *the black reissue*

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by spanks_4, Sep 14, 2008.

1. spanks_4

spanks_4

Sep 14, 2008
    Sovtek Big Muff help please *the black reissue*

A friend of mine tried to fix his big muff and in the process forgot where the wires all went. I have searched for a wire diagram for this unit, but can't find anything on this unit.

If anyone has a wire diagram or can show me somewhere that does I would be greatly appreciative.

2. A friend of your's or you tried to fix it? (and you are too ashamed to admit that you stuffed it!)

:) :) :)

Can't help you - although I did sell the Muff for the Boss ODB-3, perhaps that might be the best option...

3. Just remember not all these big muff's are exactly the same. I have a few russian muff's worth of experience, and every one sounded different. Whether they're wired any differently I doubt - but could be something to look out for.;)

Also - the ones I had - all had the power jack wired in reverse.
    I.e. The centre pin was positive - not negative, like the boss pedals.

Good Luck:)

4. russian muffs with power jacks? never seen one! not unless its been modded.

i just sold my black russian muff and its wired back to front, ie: SUSTAIN is actually tone, VOLUME is fuzz etc, its not the end of the world, but its a bit annoying.

5. I've got a couple of photos I took a while ago of one for another thread. They might help, they might not... I've sold this muff now, so tis the best I can do.

IMG_1225.
    IMG_1224.

6. Yep - dead on.;) Changing batteries sucks balls.