1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sovtek Deluxe Big Muff Pi

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jo Bass, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Jo Bass

Jo Bass

Feb 25, 2017
    New Fuzz from EHX with blend knob , mids EQ and more extras we missed in green russion.

2. *wipes tear from eye*
    It's beautiful!

hintz, SunnBass, Lammchop93 and 3 others like this.
  3. Maxfenderbass

Maxfenderbass Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2015
    Stratford, Ontario
    Will be buying this as soon as it’s in Canada.

gregmon79 and zapped777 like this.
  4. EHX mo junk fo yo funk! ✌

zapped777 likes this.
  5. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    Oh my god ...

I'm glad EHX has decided to take advantage of the ridiculous market that's grown around vintage muffs. Bring all of these flavors back to us for feasible prices!

Edit: Because I needed to know:

Electro-Harmonix Unveils the Sovtek Deluxe Big Muff, Flatiron Fuzz, and Nano Battalion | Premier Guitar
    Features:

• Mids EQ – Parametric MIDS EQ section with a selectable center frequency ranging from 310Hz to 5.0kHz, a level control with up to 10dB of boost or cut and a high/low Q switch that sets the resonance/bandwidth of the EQ
    • Footswitch for Mids EQ – Dedicated on/off footswitch with status LED for the MIDS EQ circuit
    • Gate – Noise gate to remove unwanted hiss and hum
    • Blend – Mix control for the dry and distorted signals. Enables bass players to retain their signal’s low end; also useful when layering in other distortion pedals
    • Wicker– With the switch up, high frequency bandwidth is opened up for a more pronounced attack. Switch down yields the traditional Green Russian sound.
    • Expression Pedal Input – sweeps the frequency of the MIDS EQ to create wah wah and cocked wah effects
    • True Bypass – maintains signal path integrity in bypass mode
    The pedal comes equipped with a 9Volt battery and will accept an optional EHX 9-volt power supply. It is available now at a U.S. Street Price of $149.00.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    hintz, gregmon79, zapped777 and 2 others like this.
  6. need one !!

gregmon79 and zapped777 like this.
  7. 2010P

2010P Banned

May 13, 2017
    Basically looks like Bass Muff perfection/Nirvana. EH was very smart here.

8. Maxfenderbass

Maxfenderbass Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2015
    Stratford, Ontario
    Couldn’t agree more, basically making their very successful gr more practical and versatile in a band mix. I play in a band with 2 guitarists using lots of gain. And while the gr and my suf cw work, some mids and a clean blend definitely couldn’t hurt haha

zapped777 and Robertron like this.
  9. Oh crap, as much as i love their new green muff, and can’t say i miss out on any bottom in it. That pedal has all the goody i could think of in a muff...

hintz, gregmon79 and zapped777 like this.
  10. Coughdrops

Coughdrops Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2008
    South Florida
    Win all around. Love the nod to the Civil War graphics to compliment the olive green version. And the super flexible mids section looks awesome.

hintz and zapped777 like this.
  11. mannysilvers

mannysilvers Commercial User

Jun 20, 2009
    NYC
    Engineer, Electro-Harmonix
    GeoKinetic, Nunovsky, rjovin and 3 others like this.
  12. rjovin

rjovin Supporting Member

May 27, 2011
    tampa, fl
    Without playing this thing yet, It looks like the only bummer is the side jacks on such a large enclose.
    I'll probably still get it thought cause I love muffs!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    zapped777 and Mosfed like this.
  13. 2010P

2010P Banned

May 13, 2017
    @mannysilvers Question, do the tone controls affect the clean tone or just the dirty? I'm hoping the clean remains untouched and the tone/eq only affect the dirt. Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  14. mannysilvers

Jun 20, 2009
    NYC
    On the Sovtek Dlx all of the tone (and mids) controls affect only the distorted tone.

On the Nano Battalion it depends on the EQ Position switch. The tone control always affects the distorted tone. The EQ only affects the distorted tone in DIST mode. In DRY mode the EQ only affects the dry signal and in INPUT mode the EQ affects the dry signal and the signal fed into the drive section.

Nunovsky and 2010P like this.
  15. 2010P

2010P Banned

May 13, 2017
    Cool. Thanks bud. You got a winner here.

16. RockDoc

RockDoc

Jan 5, 2007
    Looks nice! Is the fuzz circuit the same as in the "Deluxe Bass Big Muff Pi" (the EHX website says that the "The core circuit [of the DBBM] is based on the original green Russian Big Muff")?

17. mannysilvers

Jun 20, 2009
    NYC
    The fuzz circuit is from the Green Russian Big Muff reissue.

gregmon79, zapped777 and RockDoc like this.
  18. Stan_da_man

Stan_da_man

Aug 29, 2006
    UK
    Missed the Nano Battalion! If that pedal had a DI out it would have been perfect... though I'm not sure you could have fitted that all on a tiny box! Good that it accepts TRS cables though so a balanced line out is still possible.

19. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I'm stoked. I will almost assuredly get one of these when I can. Yay!

hintz likes this.
  20. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Oh, a rat pedal too. Nice! I'm such a sucker for Rats and Muffs.