Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Space Cadet 4 on ebay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by byrdsfan, Feb 12, 2004.

1. byrdsfan

byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    L.I.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3702529232&category=4713
    This is going soon, like in hours.
    I already have a mildy wacky bass in a dano d6. I was thinking of getting something a little more normal, which this is not, to say the least.
    Still. ...
    He didnt get his his price last time, when it stopped at $137. I think he'll do better this time.
    What's a top price for this? It looks well made. It's a Musicvox Space Cadet 4 in case the link doesnt work. they are known for the 12s that peterson and Woody play. I dont need 12. Heck, im still sneaking up on the D.
    meanwhile, i think normal can wait. Maybe I could dig up a little Gretsch. Still regret letting that slip.
    Thanks for any and all opinions!

2. byrdsfan

byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    L.I.
    Dano d5 that should read.

3. byrdsfan

byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    L.I.
    DC, i mean
    So ... my cable modem went out and i had to use dialup to put in a $200 bid with eight seconds to spare -- and didnt meet the guy's reserve. That's my top for this although it is an obviously well made whatever it is. He only got $137 and besides me the top bid was like $124.
    I wonder what he wanted, $300?
    Since this looked like a Tele, how about a real Tele bass?

4. takeout

takeout Supporting Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Kansas City area
    If the guy has good feedback, email him. He might make an off-Ebay deal.

I've heard the 12's are magic; if I could get over the looks I'd own one by now.

5. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    I was talking to a friend of mine who runs a vintage guitar shop and was disappointed to hear Musicvox is basically just plain crap. Sad, because they're so unique. I assume though that like all crap brands, you get your gems in the bunch, so I won't completely dismiss them.

I wanted a 12er for awhile but 12s are very hard for my fingers at this point in time, maybe after some EUB playing or something...

6. byrdsfan

byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    L.I.
    I did email with no response. I had to do a "ask the seller a question" off another of his auctions because they removed that once the auction was over. Maybe that is monitored or somethinf,
    The cool looking thing about this is the EBO pickup but i'll take the advice about being crap, esp. since this would not be as cheap as i originally thought. Hey over $200, and im looking at a MIM.
    If the guy didnt get his price the first time, not even close either time, why doesnt he just do a buy-now?