Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spacehog

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Spearhead, Apr 29, 2001.

1. I just saw this band live the other night, and they werent half bad. The singer/bassist was pretty good and he had the coolest rickenbacker bass. Id really like to know more about his setup because I liked his tone a lot.

2. Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë

Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë Guest

Feb 14, 2001
    Canada
    SPACEHOG!

I havent heard of them in a loooooong time. I remember hearing the song "in the mean time" but thats it. I didnt think they were still around. Coolness. :D

3. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I think they have a new cd coming out.

4. Yes,"In the Mean Time" one of the coolest basslines I've heard.Somebody showed me that line while I was browsing in Mars Music,I should've taken better notes.

5. stephanie

stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
    Man, I love the bassline in "In The Meantime"...Damn..that's a beautiful song.

Ray's a great bassist..even though his voice sometimes scares me. LOL...and Spacehog's a great band.

I also think they're songs, "The Horror", "Starside", and "Mungo City" are cool. :)

6. I got their "resident alien" album for £3.99 in the HMV bargain bin.....which gives a good idea of Spacehog's level of success in the UK.....(having "done a Bush"(heheheh) and defected to the US to sell millions and date supermodels/famous actresses)
    "In the Meantime"'s a classic, with a great bassline, but IMHO the rest of the album doesn't live up to that single, and seems like filler in comparison.