1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Spacehog

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Spearhead, Apr 29, 2001.

1. I just saw this band live the other night, and they werent half bad. The singer/bassist was pretty good and he had the coolest rickenbacker bass. Id really like to know more about his setup because I liked his tone a lot.

2. Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë

Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë Guest

Feb 14, 2001
    Canada
    SPACEHOG!

I havent heard of them in a loooooong time. I remember hearing the song "in the mean time" but thats it. I didnt think they were still around. Coolness. :D

3. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I think they have a new cd coming out.

4. Yes,"In the Mean Time" one of the coolest basslines I've heard.Somebody showed me that line while I was browsing in Mars Music,I should've taken better notes.

5. stephanie

stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
    Man, I love the bassline in "In The Meantime"...Damn..that's a beautiful song.

Ray's a great bassist..even though his voice sometimes scares me. LOL...and Spacehog's a great band.

I also think they're songs, "The Horror", "Starside", and "Mungo City" are cool. :)

6. I got their "resident alien" album for £3.99 in the HMV bargain bin.....which gives a good idea of Spacehog's level of success in the UK.....(having "done a Bush"(heheheh) and defected to the US to sell millions and date supermodels/famous actresses)
    "In the Meantime"'s a classic, with a great bassline, but IMHO the rest of the album doesn't live up to that single, and seems like filler in comparison.