1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Spalted maple single cuts i say..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nonohmic, Oct 5, 2006.

1. nonohmic

nonohmic Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    Ive been trawling the net trying to find any example of a spalted maple single cut but no dice.

So if you have em please post em so i can drool and continue to build my ultimate bass in my head when i should be studying!

2. eude

eude

Apr 13, 2006
    London
    Here's one to get the ball rolling mate.
    A tasty Brubaker 5er.

[​IMG]

Eude

3. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    [​IMG]

Benavente SCB

4. Benavente

Benavente

Aug 14, 2002
    Oregon

PSSST! Hey Beav, SSSHHHH that's Buckeye. I won't say anything though.;) ;) ;)

5. Groovin

Groovin

May 25, 2006
    Wash, D.C.
    LOL. Its awefull perty tho. Prettiest bass so far, and prob will be in the top 5 when this is all said and done.

6. KayCee

KayCee

Oct 4, 2004
    Shawnee, KS
    Warrior Isabella Fretless V

7. There is a gorgeous Brubaker single cut on the "Show us your church basses" thread. The maple top is spalted in the middle and flamed around the edges.

8. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    But if I do recall Chris, you made a pretty sexy SCD4 for Matt Power that had a spalted top. Was the original red SCB5 spalted as well?

9. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    That is a NICE bass. WOW!

10. Thanx guys! :smug:

[​IMG]

11. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Doh! :ninja:

12. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    You're the owner WOW. You have an amazing looking bass. I bet it plays nice too. If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost?

13. [​IMG] [​IMG]

The 2003 price is mentioned somewhere, but I'm not the original owner, so I paid considerably less...

But let's not hyack this thread anymore! :)

14. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Doesn't suit my tastes overall, but that grain is INCREDIBLE. Very, very nice chunk of wood there.

15. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    Contributor- Bass Musician Magazine
    This is the nicest one I've seen- love the look of the covers with it too!! There was a better pic of it somewhere, but I can't find it!

fod_imp5-2_640x480.jpg

16. mark roberts

mark roberts Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Here's a nice Chris Stambaugh bass...8-string, single-course, tuned low B to high Bb. It also happens to be for sale...search in the For Sale: Basses TB area...Stambaugh...all of the vital info is there. Wish the pics were better...

Attached Files:

17. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    That body reminds me of an Adler

18. nonohmic

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    thats brilliant! i like spalted maple with a sparse grain. bring the upper horn down at a straighter angle and round the lower horn a bit and sold!

19. Benavente

Benavente

Aug 14, 2002
    Oregon

Thanks. Yeh, Matt's was crazy cool Spalt. The Original SCB5 that I built and finished in all red stain was actually Maple burl. I kinda miss that bass.:crying:

20. nonohmic

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    yeah that one is sweet. love the shape.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2021