Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spam Kabob on Drumstick Skewers

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Chris Fitzgerald, Jun 14, 2001.

1. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Played a session over at Jamey's this morning, and he mentioned that both of the Aebersold Summer Workshop weeks are hurting for drummers.....so if anybody knows any drummers who are interested in attending (1st week is July 1-6, 2nd week July 8-13), please send them my way, or Jamey's (www.jazzbooks.com). I don't know what kind of discount he's offering, but I do know from past experience that drummers typically get to play in combos with folks at a slightly higher level just because of the numbers. Pass the word.

JT & other moderator types: if this was an illegal post, my apologies, and feel free to delete it at your discretion. I was just trying to help out a buddy.

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    that's fine.

you might want to post the same thing over on the BG side too.

3. Monte

Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    New Albany, MS
    Hey Chris,

Say hi to my bass teacher Don Munday at the camps. I'm glad he's going, 'cuz I get all his work. I'm not sure if he's bringing the Pollman or the really nice old German bass that he is getting from my alma mater.

Monte

4. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    I'll do that if I see him. I'm officially on the piano faculty - which means I'll be seeing the piano players all day except during combo rehearsals - but I'll be playing bass on the faculty concerts, same as last year. If you think of it, tell him to look me up if he has time - I'd love to see either of those basses.

5. Monte

Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    New Albany, MS
    Chris,

Don said he'll look you up and he will be bringing the unlabeled bass. Play it and be prepared to be sick at how much he is buying it from my alma mater. I've never played a bass that spoke quicker with the bow; it made me sound like a symphony bassist.........HAHAHAHA, well almost. This is the bass I found lying in a closet and had repaired at Robertson & Sons in Albuquerque to learn to play it. I didn't realize when I graduated that it was as good as it was until I tried to buy my own and played about 1000 basses that I didn't like. Don's a nice guy, so I'm not jealous; besides he lets me use it when we are in orchestras together.

Monte

6. dhosek

dhosek

May 25, 2000
    Los Angeles, CA
    Of course the flip side of this is that except at the highest levels, the drummer will be the weakest link in each combo...