Spam New Student Requests

Discussion in 'Double Bass Pedagogy [DB]' started by Steve Freides, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Steve Freides

Steve Freides Former Mannes College Theory Faculty Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Ridgewood, NJ
    I can't believe this has even extended into bass teaching, but I recently fielded an email from someone offering to pay me in advance for their child, coming from overseas, to take lessons with me, at a rate they specified.

This is a variation on the "we'll send you a $1000 bank check if you'll give us $100 in cash" routine that's been around for years, IMHO.

If anyone would like me to forward them the information because you think it might be legit, you can PM me and I'll give your email to the person who wrote to me.

-S-

2. neilG

neilG

Jun 15, 2003
    Ventura, CA
    I've had a few of these. It's fun to string them along for a while.

3. Classic spam. My wife gets those all the time because she has her email on her website.

4. ILIA

ILIA

Jan 27, 2006
    Caprica
    I have never responded to any of these types of emails. Do they ask for contact info? If they do, and if I'm actually bored enough, I might send them the address for Wrigley Field and the phone number of the last telemarketer who called me.

5. neilG

neilG

Jun 15, 2003
    Ventura, CA
    The ones I've received have asked for contact info.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 3, 2021