sparkler bombs illegal???

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by dr_love2112, Jul 4, 2005.

1. dr_love2112

May 28, 2005
    baytown texas
    are sparkler bombs illegal???

i saw some people buy like 40 boxes of sparklers and the guy who sold it to them said it was not illegal and you could do it, is this true???? :eyebrow:
  2. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    Depends on the state.

Here in CT, sparklers are fine, but anything above that is illegal. So no cherry bombs, M80s, bottle rockets etc.

3. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    No bottle rockets!? ***!?

And I'd consider a sparkler bomb a bit more powerful than an m80.
  4. slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
    There are sooo many states that dont allow even small bottlerockets... only fountains and other lame stuff. My homestate of oregon included. Making sparkler bombs IS illegal. it is the manufacture of explosives, which is a class c felony.

same thing with modifying piccolo pete's, or making pipe bombs.

and YEAH are sparkler bombs powerful. I thought it was just a buch of hooey when i first heard about them, but i was made a believer after i was knocked on my butt by the concussion waves.

just dont get caught by the police when diddling around with fireworks, and dont do anyhting that is stupid (ie harmful to others body/private property) and everything should be fine.

5. slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
  6. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    The kid was a 'tard for bringing it to school. I mean.. Just wow..
  7. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Yep, it even depends on the county, and the city.

There's one city in the South Bay area around here, where fireworks are legal (I forget which one), but to transport them from Mexico through SD county (where they're illegal), will get you in big trouble.
  8. MurdocRocks

Jun 18, 2005
    Torrance, CA
    I think they're legal in Gardena, so everyone goes there and there are tons of fireworks stands on the streets.
  9. In Michigan, anything that flies or explodes is illegal. Kind of like saying cars are legal, except the ones that go straight or turn.

That pretty much leaves sparkers, the ones you hold in your hand.

There is no hope for mankind if, one by one, we eliminate all the mechanisms Darwin uses to clean the gene pool. Luckily, as we make things more and more foolproof, our very efforts contribute to the evolution of bigger and better fools.

10. dr_love2112

May 28, 2005
    baytown texas
    ok well i was just wondering, here they sell all kinds of fireworks, but i was just wondering becuase i tought that it was just another firework, but i herd one this morning and it was 2 blocks down and i felt it.
  11. TheNerdBass

Jun 30, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Yea, we can't have anything good. We always have to cross over into Ohio to get the good stuff! I've never seen any police officers enforce the firework law. So whatever...
  12. Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Wooooooooooo! Indian Reservation!

God Bless Tribal Governments.