1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sparky Noises

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Superpang, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Hey, I have recently purchase a used Carvin R600 amp head and some Legion speakers. The speakers aren't the greatest but i was on a tight budget. So when i started playing through these speakers. Sometimes these sparky sounds would come out. I am not sure if its because of dust from the head or something else. The speakers are the legion 2x10 and 1x15. Thanks

2. Warr Tapper

Warr Tapper Banned

Sep 17, 2006
    Work
    "Sparky" ? If you mean crackly, could be a lot of things, check to make sure the speaker jacks are all tight and okay, then check the cable from your instrument to the amp, sounds like a loose or bad jack somewhere. Could it be the jack on your bass?

3. Hmm. It doesn't seem to be the speaker cable or my patch cord. I do noticed that the horn on the 2x10 is crack. would that possibly cause the cracky noise?.

4. Could be, have you tried turning it down?

5. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Got a tweeter L-pad/adjustment? I've seen some of them get intermittent contact and make some noises - or an absence of them.

6. Theres no tweeter ;_; Only two 1/4 jacks. I have noticed that the cracking noise sounds simliar to when you you turn on and off the amp head. This "puck" sound. like some electricity went outta hand sound

7. Bumpzz Need Help Scared of damaging stuff :( . Thanksss~