Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

sparta and at the drive in

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ashton, May 26, 2002.

1. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    hi
    anyone here heard of at the drive in? a band.....well they broke up and the guitarrist and singer are now in Sparta.

anyone else know of them or like their music. that song cut your ribbon is infectious....in a non
    T-Virus way. hehe.
    later
    Lukas
    PS. if this is supposed to be somewhere else then move it plz.

2. .....the lead guitarist and the singer of ATD-I (the ones with the afro's) are now in a band called The Mars Volta, who are pretty cool.

it's the other three from ATD-I who formed Sparta, but they're also pretty cool.

3. I loved ATDI, but was less than impressed with Sparta. I went to see their first official show at the South by Southwest (SXSW) Festival here in Austin - in March, and it didn't do it for me like ATDI's music does. Sparta just sounded like generic indie rock. Just my opinion.

4. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    hi
    well i heard sparta and just instantly thought that the singer was in it ( the singer from ATD-I ) cause of the voice.

yeah can anyone tell me any good songs of The Marz Volta's please???
    later
    Lukas

5. ATDI rocked my casa! Sparta...less so. They're not really a bad band, just the sort of thing I've heard before. Very Fugazi-ish, they sort of have the energry of ATDI though.
    The Mars Volta is a lot more interesting, to me. Eat the sun is good,

6. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    hi
    well im getting eat the sun now to give it a listen.
    thanks
    Lukas

7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I'm not sure what your talking about... but I grew up in the town next to Sparta and the Drive-in was DEFINATELY in Newton. Sparta had the little Duo-plex by the bowling alley. The Drive-in was on route 94 across from where they just built the Newton Walmart.

:)

it's late... I'll be going to sleep now