sparta and at the drive in

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ashton, May 26, 2002.

1. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    hi
    anyone here heard of at the drive in? a band.....well they broke up and the guitarrist and singer are now in Sparta.

anyone else know of them or like their music. that song cut your ribbon is infectious....in a non
    T-Virus way. hehe.
    later
    Lukas
    PS. if this is supposed to be somewhere else then move it plz.

2. .....the lead guitarist and the singer of ATD-I (the ones with the afro's) are now in a band called The Mars Volta, who are pretty cool.

it's the other three from ATD-I who formed Sparta, but they're also pretty cool.

3. viva death

viva death

Apr 17, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    i really like ATD-I

4. I loved ATDI, but was less than impressed with Sparta. I went to see their first official show at the South by Southwest (SXSW) Festival here in Austin - in March, and it didn't do it for me like ATDI's music does. Sparta just sounded like generic indie rock. Just my opinion.

5. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    hi
    well i heard sparta and just instantly thought that the singer was in it ( the singer from ATD-I ) cause of the voice.

yeah can anyone tell me any good songs of The Marz Volta's please???
    later
    Lukas

6. ATDI rocked my casa! Sparta...less so. They're not really a bad band, just the sort of thing I've heard before. Very Fugazi-ish, they sort of have the energry of ATDI though.
    The Mars Volta is a lot more interesting, to me. Eat the sun is good,

7. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    hi
    well im getting eat the sun now to give it a listen.
    thanks
    Lukas

8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I'm not sure what your talking about... but I grew up in the town next to Sparta and the Drive-in was DEFINATELY in Newton. Sparta had the little Duo-plex by the bowling alley. The Drive-in was on route 94 across from where they just built the Newton Walmart.

:)

it's late... I'll be going to sleep now