Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Speaker box programs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by joshsmog, Dec 29, 2003.

1. whats some good programs for building speaker boxes that have a peavey sheffield 15" in its list of speakers?

2. BruceWane

BruceWane

Oct 31, 2002
    Houston, TX
    WinISD is a decent program, but I don't know if it has that speaker in it's database.

I'm at work, and I don't have it loaded up here, so I can't tell.

You can download WinISD here...........

You can load additional speakers into WinISD; you're not limited to the speakers that come with the program. Give Peavey a call and see if they'll give you the thiele-small parameters for your speaker.

3. ok thanks but i dunno what all the little spec things mean and i wouldnt know what to aks peavey

4. ESP-LTD

ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Idaho
    Unless you are willing to learn what the various speaker specs mean, speaker design software will be pretty useless. You can learn everything you need to know from searches here and on Google.

5. i wanna learn what they mean but theres alot of these specs i have no idea what they mean and i cant find them anywhere, emailed peavey about it.

6. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I just checked and it's not in WinISD's database.

I also did a bit on a net search and the closest thing I could come up with is the Peavey Sheffield 1500+ Pro. And I couldn't find any T/S parameters.

7. yeah petebass its the 1500 pro i have 2 of em and wanna build a 2x15 to leave at my jam area i couldnt find any of those crazy specs for it either, peavey might get back to me i dunno.

8. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    It seems that speaker was used in by Peavey in their PA cabs. THIS ONE in particular popped up time and time again.

I'll keep searching for T/S parameters and let you know how I go.

9. yeah my dad pulled the sheffields out of his pa and put in some other speakers he said i could have the sheffields i know their pa speakers but they should be fine if i can design a nice cab to put them in.

thanks for the help i hope you find something!