1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Speaker box

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Deepwoods, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Deepwoods

Deepwoods

Dec 5, 2003
    St. Louis
    Where can I buy an unloaded TL606 style speaker box? Anybody know of a good source? Thanks!

2. I bet most of the Authorized greenboy builders might build you one, I would contact them to see what it would cost. Hell they might finish it, and be able to order you a speaker if you dont have one for a decent price as well.

Dave Homer at Gigmaster Soundworks built my 1515/66, and I know he builds unloaded fEARful boxes as well. I would think he could turn something out in ply way lighter than the standard 3/4 in stuff. Make it light and tough, with your choice of finish options.

3. Deepwoods

Deepwoods

Dec 5, 2003
    St. Louis
    Awesome, thanks. I have a 3015 driver and want the smallest, lightest box possible without giving up too much.

4. I would contact one of the Authorized builders and ask them if you can ship them your driver and have them put it in a greenboy Bassic. In the right materials it could be a very light cab indeed. I know Dave Homer just built a Dually 215 with the 3015's and it weighed somewhere in the mid 50's with a steel grill. I would expect a Bassic could come in around 30 pounds.