Speaker Cabinet Wiring

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LizardKing45, Jan 21, 2001.

1. I did a search on building speaker cabinets, but all of the threads were bassically about building the actually wooden box. Ok, thats a step, but how the heck do i wire the dern thing? I would like to know what is involved in the electronics of the cabinet. Say i am hypothetically building a cabinet somewhat like the carvin cyclop's, a 15", and two 10"s (as opposed to 8"s), all 8 ohm speakers.I read that three 8 ohm speakers would have an impendance of 2.6 ohms. is that right? Well, i just would like to know what i would need to wire a cabinet, and any links would be appreciated, as i am somewhat electronics ignorant. Thanks a lot!

2. There are many post on this forum on this subject. use the talkbass search function. look for ohm or ohms and posts by Joris I hope I spelled his name correctly. Peavey in the past has produced some cabinets with this design. I have a Carvin cab that predates the cyclop's with two 6.5 and one 15" speaker it is heavy like a refrigorator. Good luck in your quest.