Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Speaker Cabinet Wiring

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LizardKing45, Jan 21, 2001.

1. I did a search on building speaker cabinets, but all of the threads were bassically about building the actually wooden box. Ok, thats a step, but how the heck do i wire the dern thing? I would like to know what is involved in the electronics of the cabinet. Say i am hypothetically building a cabinet somewhat like the carvin cyclop's, a 15", and two 10"s (as opposed to 8"s), all 8 ohm speakers.I read that three 8 ohm speakers would have an impendance of 2.6 ohms. is that right? Well, i just would like to know what i would need to wire a cabinet, and any links would be appreciated, as i am somewhat electronics ignorant. Thanks a lot!

2. There are many post on this forum on this subject. use the talkbass search function. look for ohm or ohms and posts by Joris I hope I spelled his name correctly. Peavey in the past has produced some cabinets with this design. I have a Carvin cab that predates the cyclop's with two 6.5 and one 15" speaker it is heavy like a refrigorator. Good luck in your quest.