Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Speaker Cables for new Aguilar?...Help!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by m1911, Jan 8, 2006.

1. m1911

m1911

Dec 9, 2003
    I just got a DB-750 and don't have the proper speaker cables to run it. I checked with them and they said D'Adario may have them....(which they didn't)...Also looked at some Monster Cables that were only available in 25 foot length.........soooooo....

I would like to buy:
    1) Neutrik Speakons on BOTH ends
    2) Nice and heavy 12, or even 10 guage cable
    3) Short 3 or 4 foot lengths.
    4) Quantity 3 - (Only have 2 Cabs but will buy a spare)
    5) Available (almost) immediately

Thank you,
    Mark

2. bayoucables.com

He is listed in the marketplace in the classifides here.

3. Boomer

Boomer

Sep 17, 2003
    Hollywood, FL
  4. m1911

m1911

Dec 9, 2003
    Thank you....
    I went to his web-site, called his phone number, and he picked up (on Sunday) and will be making today, and sending out 4 cables Monday!
    Problem solved!
    Thanks again,
    Mark

5. kjones

kjones Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Maryland
    And it's not just that the service is great; the quality of the cables is first-class as well.

6. des00s

des00s

Jan 2, 2006
    Whats the difference between the different connectors for the speaker cables?

7. 1/4" connectors can loose a good connection after a while or get accidentally unplugged by tripping on the cable while Speakon connectors twist and lock in place.

Here is a link to 4ft 12AWG cables with Neutrik speakon connectors for $19.99

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/332505/

8. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Another great one is Todd at Pro Cables n' Sound. Custom Cables, great Customer service, and just a genuinely nice guy.

9. ... great cable, service and price.