Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

speaker cables... why they do buzz so..?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Microbass, Mar 21, 2005.

1. aight. i'm doing a song tomorrow in the SECC :) tomorrow, and we have a HUGE stage. I can't get ahold of my friend's wireless kit, and hell, I don't even have a guitar lead atm!

I do, however, have a 20foot speaker cable. However... the buzzing is terrible. Can anyone explain this? I'm guessing the extra shielding is the culprit? why?! Why!!! :crying:

today we set up so that I was DI'd to the desk, but I was considering bring my trace head along with me... if that extra info is any use.

should I just take advantage of the 20feet? i refuse to be confined to such a small area of a huge stage!!! :p

2. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

I don't even have a guitar lead atm!

I do, however, have a 20foot speaker cable. However... the buzzing is terrible. Can anyone explain this? I'm guessing the extra shielding is the culprit? why?! Why!!!

The speaker cable has no shielding. That makes it a lovely antenna, especially when running at low signal level into a high impedance. Don't even think about using it, bad things can happen. :meh: