Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Speaker direct out, DI

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Heckxx, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Heckxx

Heckxx

Nov 2, 2004
    Libertyville, IL
    Heres the deal. I currently have a GK amp with a SVT 4x10HE and a SVT 1x15. When playing live, I would rather not have a single cab mic'd, being that the two cabs produce substancially different sounds (I don't count on many sound guys giving me two mics). and I don't want to do any direct outs either before the amp or On the amp, being that some of my sound and effects will be bypassed. By the way, my setup is very complicated, miles away from any standard Bass-Straight-To-Amp-To-Speakers setup.

I was wondering, how good is directing out from the speaker line? Especially with a simple, no-tone-changing direct box like the Rolls DB25?

2. Tim__x

Tim__x

Aug 13, 2002
    Alberta, Canada
    May I ask why you don't want to use the DI out on your amp?

As far as I know the DI out on most GKs is after the EQ and effects loop, so plugging into that will give you what you want.

Edit: looking into it, most are either post everything or switchable to post everything.