1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Speaker Grille

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AmpegSVT, Jan 4, 2006.

  1. AmpegSVT


    Jul 16, 2005
    Canton Ohio USA
    Anybody know where to get metal speaker grille material. I really like the kind on my Hartke A100. I'll be using it on my Ampeg 8-10's cabinet so I need a rather large piece.
  2. Petebass


    Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Apparantly the place to go is to your local metal recycler, and ask for "Expanded metal".

    I'm at work at the moment. When I get home, I'll post details of a business in the USA that does speaker hardware etc and does custom grilles. I've got it bookmarked on my home PC.
  3. Yep. It's called expanded steel mesh.
  4. Thor

    Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member


    Click on the speaker grills and clamps section.

    Then the rectangular steel grills towards the bottom of the
    page. If desired they will fold the edges at 90' for you.
    You will have to supply a drawing. I found them very good.
    You will have to call to order the product.
  5. Petebass


    Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    That's the one I had bookmarked. Come to think of it, it was good ol' Thor who told me about them in the first place :)
  6. Thor

    Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

    I got them from the original Len Moskowitz
    'Compact Bass Speaker' article. At that time the company
    was called 'Umbra'. The Umbra company now handles retail
    and domestic goods, and the spinoff speaker/roadcase parts
    company was renamed TCH to confuse all of us.