1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

speaker hookup

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bondiexpress, Nov 19, 2018.

  1. Hi out there, I have just got hold of a TC RH450 amp, and I want to run 2 GK 8ohm cabs but don’t know how to link them as there is only 1 out of the head, and in only on the cabs....help
  2. Stumbo

    Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

    Feb 11, 2008
    Song Surgeon slow downer. https://tinyurl.com/y5dcuqjg
  3. FunkHead

    FunkHead Supporting Member

    Mar 10, 2007
    I wouldn't use a splitter cable if the Cabs have internal crossovers. I seem to remember that causing a problem.
    I would just wire in a parallel jack on one of the Cabs.
  4. Jaco who?

    Jaco who?

    May 20, 2008
    I can't imagine a company like GK only providing one jack on an 8Ω cab. If there are two, you can use one as a parallel out connection to the other one.
    bondiexpress likes this.
  5. thanks for response folks, on both cabs rear I have a speakon and jack connection both marked "full range" so presume they are inputs only,
  6. Will this connect give me 4 ohms?
  7. Jaco who?

    Jaco who?

    May 20, 2008
  8. thanks all, got it sorted
  9. Jack


    Sep 6, 2003
    Northumberland, UK
    You can use them both, obviously you'll require a cable that is either jack>jack or jack>speakon as you'll be using both connectors on the 'first' cab.
    bondiexpress likes this.
  10. Raf Seibert

    Raf Seibert

    Dec 16, 2013
    Those speaker connections are not one way. They’ll allow current to flow either in or out, so you’re good.
    bondiexpress likes this.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.