1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Speaker Identification

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bluebassmike, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Bluebassmike

Bluebassmike

Dec 21, 2013
    Can anyone help me identify these 15in speakers? image2.JPG image1.JPG

2. zenman

zenman

Jan 30, 2008
    St. Paul, MN
    Looks like one of the Eminence neo series. Either Deltalite or one of the Kappalites.

Sartori likes this.
  3. That's what I thought too. I think if you pull one out and look along the outside edge of the frame there will be some numbers that might ID it. Pull it, take a pic and post.

4. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Yeah, they look like 1st generation Eminence Neos. I had a pair of those I put into '60s Traynor YS-15 cabinets.

5. DukeLeJeune

DukeLeJeune rational romantic mystic cynical idealist Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 24, 2008
    Princeton, Texas
    Owner & designer, AudioKinesis; Auth. mfg, Big E (Home Audio only)
    Looks to me like the Kappalite motor, with the small "donut" indicating the shorter (non-LF) voice coil, and from the back of the cone we can see indications that it has a lot of concentric-circular ridges... my guess is that it's a Kappalite 3015 (non-LF), or some custom variation thereof.

wave rider likes this.
  6. Bluebassmike

Bluebassmike

Dec 21, 2013
    Thanks for all the awesome replies! Helps a lot. Theres a 2x15 cab thats for sale locally near me and those are the speakers in it. The seller didn't know what they were. I might get it and rewire it in parallel because I need a cabinet for my newly acquired SVT