Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Speaker Identification

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lwleaver, Oct 2, 2004.

1. lwleaver

lwleaver Something cute and clever.

Apr 10, 2002
    Philadelphia, PA
    I have been searching the threads and cannot find a post that can help me. I have a pair of 10 inch 16 ohm speakers and want to sell them. But ,I do not know who makes them or wattage. I was wondering if someone could point me to site or happen to know by the markings below.

On the cone itself there are two numbers:
    15-97

There is a sticker on the magnet that has:
    Left side in big font: 037655
    Right side smaller and labeled
    10496 16 Ohm
    67-97220266 G1

I am clueless and cannot seem to find a website anywhere that can help, or I am not entering the correct verbiage to search with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you happen to know what these are worth I would really be grateful. I got these in a trade years ago and never got around to making an enclosure for them. I have a 2x10 and 1x18 stack now and do not need them. I would like to find them a nice home.

Thanks,
    Landon

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE

Been a while since I've jacked with speakers, and never with 10's, but there's no doubt it's an Eminence speaker by the 67 code. Probably model G1. I don't remember the date codes off hand but probably something like '96 and usually when there's anything on the cone it's an indication of a recone which would have been done in '97 on that unit. Often speakers give an idea of wattage in the model Id but I don't see anything in there that stands out.

Value of something is only what someone is willing to pay for something which can vary considerably - typically half of new if it's mint. Gross ballpark I'd guess MAYBE $20 a piece.

There's is considerable information on speakers and speaker codes online doing a general google search. Ebay is probably your best source for a realistic value.

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    The Eminence Spec. No. is 10496...the 10 part means it's a 10 in. speaker.

You can get the Thiele-Small parameters from Eminence by writing a nice message to them at info@eminence.com and asking for the T-S parameters for Spec. No. 10496. You should get an email message back in a few days.

As for value...poking around on eBay is a good idea. For comparison, I bought a nearly new pair of Eminence Delta 10s here on TalkBass for $40.