Speaker Identification

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lwleaver, Oct 2, 2004.

1. lwleaver

lwleaver Something cute and clever.

Apr 10, 2002
    Philadelphia, PA
    I have been searching the threads and cannot find a post that can help me. I have a pair of 10 inch 16 ohm speakers and want to sell them. But ,I do not know who makes them or wattage. I was wondering if someone could point me to site or happen to know by the markings below.

On the cone itself there are two numbers:

There is a sticker on the magnet that has:
    Left side in big font: 037655
    Right side smaller and labeled
    10496 16 Ohm
    67-97220266 G1

I am clueless and cannot seem to find a website anywhere that can help, or I am not entering the correct verbiage to search with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you happen to know what these are worth I would really be grateful. I got these in a trade years ago and never got around to making an enclosure for them. I have a 2x10 and 1x18 stack now and do not need them. I would like to find them a nice home.

2. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004

Been a while since I've jacked with speakers, and never with 10's, but there's no doubt it's an Eminence speaker by the 67 code. Probably model G1. I don't remember the date codes off hand but probably something like '96 and usually when there's anything on the cone it's an indication of a recone which would have been done in '97 on that unit. Often speakers give an idea of wattage in the model Id but I don't see anything in there that stands out.

Value of something is only what someone is willing to pay for something which can vary considerably - typically half of new if it's mint. Gross ballpark I'd guess MAYBE $20 a piece.

There's is considerable information on speakers and speaker codes online doing a general google search. Ebay is probably your best source for a realistic value.
  3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    The Eminence Spec. No. is 10496...the 10 part means it's a 10 in. speaker.

You can get the Thiele-Small parameters from Eminence by writing a nice message to them at info@eminence.com and asking for the T-S parameters for Spec. No. 10496. You should get an email message back in a few days.

As for value...poking around on eBay is a good idea. For comparison, I bought a nearly new pair of Eminence Delta 10s here on TalkBass for $40.