Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Speaker Out

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PwX-Steve, Mar 25, 2001.

1. Hey,

if you havent already known im a proud owner of a Peavey TNT 115. The only thing i found this combo lacking was a Speaker out. On the amp i have the following jacks
    High Gain, Low Gain, Crossover network outputs for High and Low, Pwr amp In and finally Pre amp out.
    I was wondering if there was anyway you can connect a Jack up to the combo to add say another 1x15 or 2x10 cab?
    at the moment its just 150w RMS into 4ohms with DDT.
    if you could add a speaker out jack, what cabs would u recommend. this would most likly involve some electricle worki think?.

steve

2. kcm

kcm

Jun 17, 2000
    Woking, Surrey.
    I am pretty sure that the amp is designed to be self contained with the amp and speaker ohms matching to get full output, therefore if you was to try to add a speaker you could do serious damage. The only way, I would think, is to replace the speaker to one with a higher ohmage and attach leads from this to a socket put on the back of the case. For example, replace the speaker with one of 8 ohms, and run another of 8 from the socket.Speaker ohms therefore = 4. You will still get the 150 watts but will gain some headroom and a bit of volume. Peavey did do a dedicated 2x8 ( I think) bright box which you could attach to the crossover which would give you more top end.( One from the pawn shops more likely here!!) Alternatively if you can you could get another combo or amp and cab, and run it from the pre-amp out or even either the high or low crossover, but the latter method will restrict the sound to said combo to either high or low.

3. oh ok fair enough
    i kinda thought
    by the time i buy a cab and do all the alterations to the combo . i was prolly better of buynig another secnod hand combo and doing it that way with the cross over

anyway thanks for the help!!!

steve