Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Speaker Problems... please help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by muzfuz, Oct 2, 2000.

1. muzfuz

muzfuz

Oct 2, 2000
    I have a hartke 410TP cabinet, and I got it new (still under warranty) but i dont want to send the whole thing back because I live in the middle east, and it was the transport that dammaged it in the first place.

the thing is, there is a big dent in the side (which is not a problem really) but the real problem is that the bottom left speaker sounds overdriven. what is the cause of that? can i fix it, or do i have to replace the speaker?

also, if I do have to replace it, can I play on just three speakers in the meantime while I wait for my other speaker, or would that blow my cab? (I'm running on a Hartke 3500)

2. Well, as much as a pain it is, you really should try to send it back...sounds like when the cab took it's damage, that it physically damaged the woofer as well. It should be replaced. I don't recommend running the cab as it is as it will present a different impedance to the amp than it should, and that could result in amp damage, which may even in turn damage the other good drivers. This sucks :(

3. muzfuz

muzfuz

Oct 2, 2000
    well im thinking just send the one broken driver back, but will that void my warranty, and more importantly will that work?

4. Well, I would like to think it would be as simple as that. This is the part where you need to contact your dealer, or even better, Hartke directly. I have a feeling that would in fact void your warranty, but perhaps they would make an exception due to your remoteness ;)

5. Maybe the speaker connection came loose when the cab was damaged - take a look.