Speaker Problems... please help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by muzfuz, Oct 2, 2000.

1. muzfuz

Oct 2, 2000
    I have a hartke 410TP cabinet, and I got it new (still under warranty) but i dont want to send the whole thing back because I live in the middle east, and it was the transport that dammaged it in the first place.

the thing is, there is a big dent in the side (which is not a problem really) but the real problem is that the bottom left speaker sounds overdriven. what is the cause of that? can i fix it, or do i have to replace the speaker?

also, if I do have to replace it, can I play on just three speakers in the meantime while I wait for my other speaker, or would that blow my cab? (I'm running on a Hartke 3500)

2. Well, as much as a pain it is, you really should try to send it back...sounds like when the cab took it's damage, that it physically damaged the woofer as well. It should be replaced. I don't recommend running the cab as it is as it will present a different impedance to the amp than it should, and that could result in amp damage, which may even in turn damage the other good drivers. This sucks :(
  3. muzfuz

Oct 2, 2000
    well im thinking just send the one broken driver back, but will that void my warranty, and more importantly will that work?
  4. Well, I would like to think it would be as simple as that. This is the part where you need to contact your dealer, or even better, Hartke directly. I have a feeling that would in fact void your warranty, but perhaps they would make an exception due to your remoteness ;)
  5. Maybe the speaker connection came loose when the cab was damaged - take a look.