1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Speaker question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rocker47, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Ok I searched the past threads and can't quite find the answer to my question. I have just picked up a Peavey rig from the early 90's. It came with a 410T cab. The cab is mint except for one speaker has been replaced. I opened it up to find that the speaker had no identification as to a brand. This is fine, it seems to sound good with no issues. I did notice that it was 16 ohm as are all the others. Can I assume that it's an 8 or 4 ohm cab? Also, how can I identify the mystery speaker? I looked on Peavey's website to see if I could get a Peavey replacement at 16ohms and they didn't carry them. Anyone know if they are still available? Thanks.

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Four 16 ohm speakers in parallel wiring = 4 ohms. You can check this with a multimeter if you have one.

As for all the other questions - you'd probably have to ask Peavey directly. Chances are they'll have spare parts available on special order. Can't hurt to ask - shoot them an email and see how you go.