speaker ready to go

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MCBTunes, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Well i have a crate bx25 practice amp... its pretty old, 12" speaker 25 watts, not much there.... Are there any signs to look for that an amp may be on its last legs? I just wanna know if i should trade it in while it is worth something.
  2. Happy MurphDay

Happy MurphDay

Mar 9, 2004
    Hmm, what kind of music do you play, are you in a band or just practicing at home, Im not a fan of crate products but if someone is offering you money for it, compare to home much you paid for it, id say go for it and save for something decent, plus a small head and a cab will be a significant improvement
  3. well I am just playing at home currently. But I'll be back into it soon and jamming. I play all sorts of music, punk, rock, pop learning slap. The thing I would be upgrading to is a USED Roland Cube 60 so it is just another little practice amp. but a little more than double wattage... the front part (screen) looks a littel beat up though, so I dont know if buying that is smart.

I dont really want to spend more than 400 on an amp set up. I can get the Cube on trade for an extra 120 and change.