1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Speaker Reconing, HELP

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by strke-fender, Sep 25, 2010.

1. strke-fender

strke-fender

Feb 26, 2009
    Hi guys,

I'm pretty stressed right now.

I just reconed a EV15L speaker, with this kit

http://www.soundspeakerrepair.com/speaker-parts-cp/EVM-15L-Pro-Line/15-Inch-Kits/15+Inch+Kits/

I'm under a lot of stress, and have very little rest, so I probably could have picked a better time to do this project, but I had a deadline.

ANYWAY, my glueing was a bit sloppy and the gaskets aren't as neat as I wanted, but Its done. what I need to know is exactly what to do to "ease" this speaker back into use, and how do I tell if I botched this whole thing and have to get another kit.

I would really appreciate any feedback anybody can offer, I'm really just beat. thanks.

CB

2. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    As far as easing it in, just mount it properly and cut loose. I've had many speakers rebuilt by The Speaker Doctor in Charlotte (one of the best) and when I pick them up, Steve goes through several tests in front of me for my satisfaction. He does not baby it. :cool:

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021