Speaker replacement?- cab dimensions included

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by basss, Feb 21, 2003.

1. basss

basss Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2001
    I have a small cabinet loaded with a 12" speaker that I bought used. I have no idea who the maker is. It looks well construted although homemade. I was using it as an extension cabinet for my Gkmb150e combo. This put 75watts into it and it worked well but I'm thinking about pumping some more watts into it- like around 300 or so. What kind of speaker would work in a small box like this? I know I won't get a ton of bass from this thing but I want something that won't fart out when I boost the bass a little. I don't know much at all about speaker cab design so I need some help.

Heres what the cab looks like

internal dimensions
    16" x 13" x 11"

There are two square 2.5" ports that extend 3.5" back into the cab.

It has some internal bracing and foam insulation.

Thanks alot for any help!
  2. Eminence Omega Pro 12
    Kappa Pro 12
    Kappa 12

in that order.
  3. basss

basss Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2001
  4. basss

basss Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2001
    I was nosing around the eminence website. What do you think of the Deltalite 12" in this cab?

It would be nice to save some lbs.
    The volume of my cabinet is about 1.3 square feet which is just above what their recommended enclosure volume of 1.25 sq. ft. is. Seems to be a good match, no?
    I noticed on the frequency response chart for this speaker that there is a large bump between 2k and 5k. Will it sound too midrangy?
  5. The Deltalite 2512 wants 3.15 to 3.75 cubic feet. Your cab is far too small for optimal use of this driver.