1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

speaker replacement for Eden EX410SC4

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Adam Johnson, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Adam Johnson

Adam Johnson

May 31, 2014
    Hey all. I've been thinking about trying new speakers in my Eden cab, a EX410SC4. It has sort of this dark mid sound that I'm not totally in love with... so I've searched for internal cab dimensions and haven't found anything... I'm wondering if anyone has done this with this cab and what they used, or if anyone had any suggestions... Needs to stay 4 Ohms, 400ish watts. Any ideas?

2. That's a fairly heavy, entry level cab (62 lbs) with about 0.9 cf per driver. The drivers are 10 inch dual cones - while possible, they are far from being top candidates for dark mids. Before embarking on this path you should make sure that the cab is responsible, and not something else like a combination of instrument cable, amp/head and instrument (PU's, control settings).

A full set of good quality drivers with more mid presence will run a minimum of about $200. The cab will need to be retuned (bass ports added or adjusted), and the cab will need to be minimally lined (dacron or equivalent). You may want to consider relaxing that 4 ohm requirement, as there is a much larger selection of drivers for an 8 ohm cabinet, and a more efficient 8 ohm driver can easily make up the power loss going from 4 to 8 ohms. To recommend a driver we will also need information on your tonal preferences (like lots of bass or lean and tight bass, like deep fundamentals, hate horns and always turn the treble down, etc.), your instrument and head.

While you can probably come pretty close to getting what you are after this way (driver replacement), it would likely be easier to sell the Eden cab, add $200-$300 (what new drivers would cost), and audition new (or used) cabs.

3. Adam Johnson

Adam Johnson

May 31, 2014
    Thanks. The more I look into it, selling this one and getting something else I think is the best route. I have an 8ohm Warwick 2/10 that sounds amazing, just not enough volume. I think I'll sell the Eden and get another Warwick and stack them up!

AstroSonic likes this.