1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Speaker Replacement on an Aguilar DB210??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by emilio g, Jul 16, 2008.

1. emilio g

emilio g

Jul 16, 2008
    Jersey City, NJ
    So to make a long story short, I've got an Aguilar DB210 Chocolate Thunder cab (which I'm in love with), but I recently blew out the speakers.

Now the dumb question:

How do I get the blasted thing open to replace the speakers?? The whole cab is pretty seamless and I can't seem to find a logical way to get inside the thing to pull the busted speakers out. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Andy Will

Andy Will

Apr 11, 2003
    London, England
    Think Mr. Boonshoft might hopefully be able to chime in later , but in the meantime.............

I (or actually our band's manager!:scowl:) ripped the grille cloth on my DB410 shotly after purchase last year, so I had to replace the whole front once I received from Aguilar. So, to access the speakers I think you will need to go from the front.
    The Cloth is attached to a wooden frame that is a very good/snug fit (top marks for assembly/quality guys!:)) to the inside-front of the cab, this is also held in by some pretty industrial strength Velcro in the corners so will take some careful 'levering' to remove (I used a butter knife but probably isn't recommended :D)without denting the covering material. But even if dented slightly, probably it will only be you who notices.

Hope this helps, but am sure Aguilar themselves can advise best as they rule!:bassist: (Sorry, am a big fan of their gear! haha!)

3. emilio g

emilio g

Jul 16, 2008
    Jersey City, NJ
    I'm going to wait until I hear from Aguilar before I try pulling anything apart, but that makes sense! I really don't see any other way to get to the speakers because the cab is solid all around.

And on the bright side, I'm borrowing an Accugroove Tri210L from a student to get me through a cover band gig this Saturday. I love my Aggie, but Accugroove makes some serious stuff. He might need a crowbar to get it back...

4. Andy Will

Andy Will

Apr 11, 2003
    London, England
    Definately the best idea!;)

Funny you should mention the Accugroove as I got to try one out twice in the past couple of weeks. It is really powerful and full sounding cab!
    Just am a big fan of my whole rig to one brand if possible, am still desperately hoping Aguilar come out with a DB610 one day soon and I'll totally be sorted!

5. emilio g

emilio g

Jul 16, 2008
    Jersey City, NJ
    I've heard a lot of people say they're into keeping their rigs one brand. Is there a reason behind that or just a personal preference? I'm curious because I've always loved mixing and matching gear.

6. Andy Will

Andy Will

Apr 11, 2003
    London, England
    It's part visual for me, but in most cases cabinets and amplifiers are engineered specifically to compliment each other within one brand.

Of course some of the best rigs used by major touring professionals are mixed and matched to get the best of everything (unless the artist is heavily endorsed).

So, go with what sounds best to you and you can't go wrong!

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021