1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Speaker scare...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassman blue, Nov 1, 2006.

1. bassman blue

bassman blue

Aug 22, 2002
    Bellingham
    I noticied that one of my speaker cabs was not working, so I pulled the speaker out and one of the wires to the terminals had come off. I was pretty proud of myself. I reattached it to ensure it wouldn't pop off again, put the speaker back in and fired it up. The speaker now had a rattle coming from the voice coil and I thought for sure the speaker was gone. I pulled the speaker out again, hoping it would be covered under warranty and as I was starting to get it ready for packaging, I noticed a staple (probably from the insulation batting inside the cabinet) had attached itself to the inside of the magnet and was touching the paper speaker cone. I removed it, thinking it was unlikely it was the culprit, but sure enough that's all it was. Amazing how a little staple could make so much noise. I slept a lot better last night. :bassist:

2. CBBass123

CBBass123 Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2005
    Texas
    Thats tripped out. Glad you its working!

3. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Good job!
    It feels really good when you can fix your own stuff, dont ya think.

4. I remember yrs ago our guitarist had a buzz-didn't sound too bad either- comin outta his peavey Gtr amp. we took it apart & found a screw had come loose from where???? & was sitting, lodged next to the cone to frame joiner material(dunno wot U call that bit at the mo :help: - the stuff that allows all the moving) !!! Needless to say , he was my-T relieved to find out he wasn't in for an expensive trip 2 the tech!!!:bassist: :D