speaker set up poll..

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by reasonbass, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Eden 2x10 and 4x10 XST

2. Eden 2x10 XST and GK Neo 2x12

3. 2-Eden XST's

4. something else ie SWR, Mesa, AMPEG ect.......

1. which speaker set up would be best for heavy melodic ambient metal type of music. I play a 5 string detuned 1/2 step down. So far I have the Eden 2x10 XST, with a ADA MB-1 pre or a BBE BMax.

I''m looking for a tight low end with some nice growl.
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    the one that sounded best to me :p Though you may want to find the one that sounds best to you :bassist:

[seriously] what kind of tone are you looking for? What will be the main bass you use? What kind of volume will you need? WHat's your budget? [/seriously]
  3. yeah im editing right now...
  4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Cool! My sig states what I dig and use... so I'm biased. But they will do deep and tight.

Of your list I'd go with another Eden 2x10 or the 4x10....
  5. I have always thought the Eden XST 410 would make a good cab for heavy melodic ambient metal.
  6. The tone I'm looking for is a tight lowend with some nice growl sort of like a Justin Chancellor mixed with John Myung's Train of Tought bass tone. I'm also looking for something that I can interchange depending on the gig. Like if we play with a P.A. I can just take the 2x10, but for parties I'll bring out the extra cab.

I wish I could get a hold of some Schroeder's but I need the cabs now and I can't wait for the built time and the delivery from Cali. Plus with holiday shipping season It'll take for ever to get here.

Maybe at a later time I'll get my paws on one of them. I can start a nice cab collection.
  7. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    IMO add another D-210XST.

8. Basspolizei

Basspolizei Pseudo bass player/collector Gold Supporting Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Buy basses and lots of guns before it's too late! You have been warned.
    Good luck......(Maybe Ampeg HLF?)
  9. Ampeg SVT410HE AND SVT15E together great stack as good as the 810.

The 410HLF and SVT610HLF are too deep and boomy for your style of music.

Yoe could also try the Ashdown ABM range of cabs, again 1 x 15" and 4 x 10"