Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Speaker sizes

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassist31588, May 27, 2003.

1. I've been thinking, the standard speakers are 5", 6", 6.5" (these first three are rarer), 8", 10, 12, 15, 18, 21.

I was wondering how come you never see wierd speaker sized like, a 13" or 14". What about 16 or 17 or 11? Dumb question, I know, but you'd think there'd be afew brands nevertheless. I mean hell, its just like string guages, they usually end in a 5 or a 0, but what about brands like Fodera and TI's where you'll frequently find a .32 or .128 guage etc?

What do you think?

2. Ashdown has a 411

3. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    yeah dude i was wondering about that ... think an 11 inch would be perfect... punch of a 10 but bass of a 12? maybe..... but i wanna make a 4x21 some day.... that would be beautiful.

4. Are you a dumbass? lol, that wouldnt work... damn heavy and no high end response;)

5. I mean the least you could do is throw afew tweeters in:D

6. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    and a crane to get it from the TRUCK to the stage...... don't forget the warn the homeless people living in it before you start playing......