1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Speaker sizes

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassist31588, May 27, 2003.

1. I've been thinking, the standard speakers are 5", 6", 6.5" (these first three are rarer), 8", 10, 12, 15, 18, 21.

I was wondering how come you never see wierd speaker sized like, a 13" or 14". What about 16 or 17 or 11? Dumb question, I know, but you'd think there'd be afew brands nevertheless. I mean hell, its just like string guages, they usually end in a 5 or a 0, but what about brands like Fodera and TI's where you'll frequently find a .32 or .128 guage etc?

What do you think?

2. Ashdown has a 411

3. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    yeah dude i was wondering about that ... think an 11 inch would be perfect... punch of a 10 but bass of a 12? maybe..... but i wanna make a 4x21 some day.... that would be beautiful.

4. Are you a dumbass? lol, that wouldnt work... damn heavy and no high end response;)

5. I mean the least you could do is throw afew tweeters in:D

6. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    and a crane to get it from the TRUCK to the stage...... don't forget the warn the homeless people living in it before you start playing......