1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Speaker upgrade for Fender amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by asher286, Oct 21, 2013.

1. asher286

asher286

Jun 17, 2013
    Hi there. Today I plugged my Jazz Bass to my Fender Frontman 25r, I was wondering what would that be like & I actually liked the tone. I don't use it to much for guitar so I decided to upgrade the speaker for one more adecuate for bass. Any suggestions?? I need one 10'' or 12'' (Ithe amp has a 10'' included but I would make the opening bigger if needed) @ 8 ohm. Maybe an Eminence like the ones in Fender Bass Pro cabinets?? I don't know much about this subject so I would really, really apreciate any help. Thank you very much. Best regards.

2. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    I checked out some pictures of the 25r and it's open back with little volume(open space) and what looks to be thin walls with no bracing. I really doubt it would work for what you wanted based on my experience.

I suggest you sell it, save some money and buy a "real" bass amp.

Good luck!:)

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 open backed guitar combo's, especially small ones, are not good candidates for a bass conversion. Just get a bass combo.