Speaker Woes

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Underdog, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Underdog

Apr 10, 2005
    Since my last thread was littered with me being stupid and not giving enough info. Here is a new thread where I don't mess up and use the correct terminology.

Last practice, I think i blew my crossover. Everything just stopped working. So Here is a picture of my cabinet. The voice coil in the compression driver is dead. Been dead. Been procrastinating about fixing it. First question. Where do I get one or get it fixed?

Second. The speakers are in DIRE need of reconing. www.simplyspeakers.com is reliable, correct?

Third and last. This:
    is dead. Where do I get a new one.

Should i just scrap this and get new.....everything? Don't bother reconing and just use the old box? It seems like that's what i'd be doing anyways.

EDIT: Speaker one is an RCF 10" 100 watts the second is an MTX. The Horn driver has no label on it anymore.
  2. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Replacing any components first requires that you accurately identify what they are. Finding out what may be dead requires testing equipment. If you have no way to identify what may be broken and don't know how to replace it and what to replace it with I have one suggestion: a repair shop.