Speakers for my Walter Woods Ultra

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by uprightrob, Sep 4, 2002.

1. :D
    Hey, Folks!

I got a Walter Woods Ultra High Power head a few months ago to replace my GK 800RB. I'm still using my Boogie 400 Watt 1x15 and a Hartke 2x10 XL.

The Hartke seems to work well at moderate volumes with my MTD 635 and my Upright. When I add the 1x15, the sound seems to get real boomy on stage, but thin out as it hits the audience, making life really difficult for me.

I was thinking about replacing the both cabs with one or two cabs each of which can't weigh more than 50 lbs apiece. I've been considering two Euphonic CXL112's.

So - All you fellow Walter Woods Owners - your experience will be greatly appreciated.

2. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    2 bergantino 112's, portabillity was my highest priority;) they all so sound great on double bass. I havent heard the cxl 112 from what I ve heard about it they would be louder (alot!) and alot more agressive on the highs. the highs on the bergs are smoother/ sweeter.

3. Some guys I've seen who double on stand-up and electric use Bag End stuff.
  4. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    I second the Bergantino vote! I use an HT-112 and an EX-112 with my Ultra and I'm loving life!
  5. I don't use a WW (I use an Iamp 600) but do use a cxl 112. I also do alot of doubling.The 112 is a great cab for both DB and electric. I used to use a vl 110 for DB only gigs but now I am taking the 112 because it sounds so good. I will be buying a second 112 for louder EB gigs. I would bring my head to some shops and try it out with the various cabs.