Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Speakers for my Walter Woods Ultra

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by uprightrob, Sep 4, 2002.

1. :D
    Hey, Folks!

I got a Walter Woods Ultra High Power head a few months ago to replace my GK 800RB. I'm still using my Boogie 400 Watt 1x15 and a Hartke 2x10 XL.

The Hartke seems to work well at moderate volumes with my MTD 635 and my Upright. When I add the 1x15, the sound seems to get real boomy on stage, but thin out as it hits the audience, making life really difficult for me.

I was thinking about replacing the both cabs with one or two cabs each of which can't weigh more than 50 lbs apiece. I've been considering two Euphonic CXL112's.

So - All you fellow Walter Woods Owners - your experience will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob;)

2. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    2 bergantino 112's, portabillity was my highest priority;) they all so sound great on double bass. I havent heard the cxl 112 from what I ve heard about it they would be louder (alot!) and alot more agressive on the highs. the highs on the bergs are smoother/ sweeter.

AJ

3. Some guys I've seen who double on stand-up and electric use Bag End stuff.

4. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    I second the Bergantino vote! I use an HT-112 and an EX-112 with my Ultra and I'm loving life!
    GEEK

5. I don't use a WW (I use an Iamp 600) but do use a cxl 112. I also do alot of doubling.The 112 is a great cab for both DB and electric. I used to use a vl 110 for DB only gigs but now I am taking the 112 because it sounds so good. I will be buying a second 112 for louder EB gigs. I would bring my head to some shops and try it out with the various cabs.